Monday, May 11, 2015

5 Free Crochet Dishcloth Patterns

About 2 months ago, I share 5 Free Knit Dishcloth Patterns. Today, I have 5 free crochet dishcloth patterns for all my crocheting friends! These are all patterns that I have made myself and enjoy making:)




I love how Kara from Petals to Picots uses two basic crochet stitches to create this beautifully textured dishcloth! Her pattern is so incredibly simple that I could probably make another one from memory although it's been a few weeks since I made this sweet yellow one!




As a general rule, I don't like dishcloths with any amount of openwork. I like the stitches to be nice and tight so they are effective when in use. However, I just love this pattern created by Erica from 5 Little Monsters! It's got a bumpy texture to it, so depsite the small amount of openwork, I feel like it's still effective! And pretty!



This is one of my own patterns, and I still just love the edging around it! 


Chrysanthemum Dishcloth


This is definitely my favorite washcloth of all time. Really, I adore it so much. Who isn't made happy by spring flowers?! In the photo below, I used Mary Maxim Scrub It yarn. I wasn't sure if I'd like it for this pattern, but I love!


Textured Stripes Dishcloth

When I first saw the stripes on this dishcloth over on the Lemon Lane Blog, I knew I loved the design! As I started to crochet it, however, I decided it was a little bit big for my taste. I have small hands and I think that is why I tend to prefer smaller washcloths. So I modified the pattern a bit by taking off a few chains and rows to make it a little smaller. I'm in love with the end result!


There is something so theraputic about crocheting dishcloths, don't you think??

post signature

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love that flower one, and I love the edging around the one of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how talented and creative you are! BUT I expecially love that I get to claim you as family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Thank you for these ideas!
    And yes, crocheting and knitting are therapeutic.
    It's really relaxing to do and my mind finally stops tossing and turning when I'm crocheting.

    ReplyDelete

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D