- Sunbonnet Girl with Chickens Pattern
- Floursack Towel
- DMC 350, 3733, 3832, 368, 3864, 834, 3831, 3863, 728
- Bonnet and apron outline: 350
- Dress outline: 3733
- Flower, shoes, sleeve cuffs to dress: 3832
- Flower center, grass: 368
- Arms and legs: 3864
- Basket: 834
- Chicken wattle and comb: 3831
- Chicken outline: 3863
- Chicken beaks and food: 728
- I used the lazy daisy stitch for the flower center and chicken feed. The flower petals were made with lazy daisy stitches. I used a classic backstitch for everything else.
I've mentioned before that I would LOVE to own backyard chickens, so this little floursack towel really makes me happy. It looks so happy hanging on my oven handle:) But it isn't very practical right now, since I've announced to everyone that this towel is only to look it. I'm not quite ready for all that hard work to be stained with spilled jam and dirty hands! However, I know my toddler well enough to know that he will clean up something gross with it while my back is turned and I'll have to start actualy using this towel before I know it. That's ok though, because at least it can hang in my kitchen looking pretty for the time being!