Monday, March 23, 2015

Textured Knit Toddler Hat Free Pattern

Today I have the cutest free toddler hat pattern for you! I made this hat for a very special little girl who I hope loves it. And minus the flower, it would be really cute for a little boy as well.



Materials:
Notes:
  • You are welcome to make and sell products from this pattern but please link back to this post. Please do not copy this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not republish any of my photos as your own.
Pattern Instructions:

Hat:

CO 72
Ribbed band: Work in the round in double rib (k2, p2) for 1 inch.
Crown: Seed stitch until piece measure approximately 5.25inches from the bottom.
Crown Shaping:
Round 1: *K2tog, (p1, k1)x2, p2tog* repeat around.
Round 2: *P1, K1* repeat around
Round 3: *P2tog, k1, p1, K2tog* repeat around
Round 4: *K1, P1* repeat around
Round 5: *K2tog, p2tog* repeat around
Round 6: *P1, K1* repeat around
Round 7: *P2tog, K2tog* repeat around

Cut tail and sew through remaining stitches. Attach flower, weave in all loose ends and block lightly if desired.



As I have mentioned before, I have a little sister who died of leukemia a few months ago at age 3 and it got me thinking that this little hat would make a wonderful "chemo cap" for young toddlers with cancer. I know I'll be making a  few for that purpose in memory of my sweet angel sister! If you are interested if donating hats for cancer patients, you can do so at Knots of Love, Halos of Hope, or other similar foundations. And there is always the option of finding a local hospital to donate to as well! I know my little sister loved new hats, so I promise your efforts would not go unappreciated!

And be sure to check out my new Facebook page!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. such a cute hat and so sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is JUST the hat I have been looking for (I just LOVE seed stitch). I am going to make this in an adult size (I make and donate hats to our local Cancer center).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. This is the pattern I have been looking for. Can you please tell me approx what size this is for ? 24 mths, 3 years, ect.

    ReplyDelete

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D