- Worsted weight yarn. I used Vanna's Choice in rose pink.
- Size 7 knitting needles (I used circuluar needs and switches to DPNs when the top of the hat got too small for my ciruclars.)
- This hat is worked in the round.
- I used the St. John's Wort lace stitch for the brim.
- You are welcome to make and sell products from this pattern but please link back to this post. Please do not copy this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not republish any of my photos as your own.
- (This pattern has been updated as of 3/4/15 thanks to a reader who caught a mistype)
CO 102, place marker
Round 1: *Sl1, k2, psso, k3* repeat around
Round 2: *K1, yo, K4* repeat around
Round 3: *K3, sl1, k2, psso* repeat around
Round 4: *K4, yo, K1* repeat around
Rounds 5-16: Repeat rounds 1-4
Stockinette stitch until peice measures 6.5 ish inches from bottom.
Round 1: *K49, K2tog* repeat around
Rounds 2-4: K around
Round 5: *K2tog, K8* repeat around
Round 6: *K2tog, K7* repeat around
Sometimes the best projects are the ones that didn't turn out quite right, don't you think?
Be sure to check out my Craft Closet for more free patterns!