Monday, February 2, 2015

Scrubby Dishcloth Pattern

Do you believe in love at first sight?? I do, because I fell head over heels when I first laid eyes on the Mary Maxim Scrub It yarn sitting in it's clear packaging just waiting for me to create amazing kitcheny things with it! After crocheting a few items from this pattern book, I decided it was time to try knitting a scrubby dishcloth with this yarn!


Materials:
  • Size 6 knitting needles
  • Mary Maxim Scrub It yarn (Or Lily Sugar n Cream yarn to make a regular dishcloth!)
Notes:
  • Finished size is approximately an 8" square
  • You are welcome to make and sell products from this pattern but please link back to this post. Please do not copy this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not republish any of my photos as your own.
  • The Scrub-It yarn is 100% cotton with a fringe. It looks like this:


Pattern:

CO 30
Rows 1-3: K across
Row 4: K3, p24, k3
Row 5: K across
Row 6: K3, p2, k4, p4, k4, p4, k4, p2, k3
Row 7: K5, p4, k4, p4, k4, p4, k5
Row 8: Repeat row 6
Row 9: K9, p4, k4, p4, k9
Row 10: K3, p6, k4, p4, k4, p6, k3
Row 11: Repeat row 9
Rows 12-41: Repeat rows 6-11
Rows 42-44: Repeat rows 6-8
Row 45: K across
Rows46-49: K3, p24, k3


I really love the texture this yarn and pattern produce!! It really is a handy scrubby washcloth for wiping up hard to clean sticky and hardened and gross messes. (As a mom of a toddler, those kind of messes occur almost daily haha!) So far I'm a fan of this yarn, and I am dying to knit and crochet even more things with it! Wouldn't these make the cutest little gifts?


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Really like this scrub-it yarn, haven't done a full dishcloth with it though. I usually do a square or something in the middle of the dishcloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an awesome idea!!!!! I would have NEVER thought of that. Now THAT'S a great gift idea. No-one else would ever have it. Thank you.

      Delete
    2. What an awesome idea!!!!! I would have NEVER thought of that. Now THAT'S a great gift idea. No-one else would ever have it. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. That is a GREAT idea and a good way to be frugal with a spendier specialty yarn!

    Just learning how to knit after trying to learn 25 years ago and I LOVE all of the little tips I'm picking up. -Kat

    ReplyDelete

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D