Monday, January 26, 2015

The Girl Behind the Blog

YOU GUYS! I just got a TON of new yarn. And I have a thousand inspirational yarny ideas bouncing around in my brain right now. And I'm so busy thinking about projects, sketching out my project ideas and pretending I'm blowing fire because I'm a mommy dragon to please my son (don't ask) that I haven't had a chance to create any of my brilliant ideas. The Yarny Muse have totally overloaded my senses. So, I decided that rather than put my inspiration to work, I'd set it aside for now and share with you all a little bit more about me!

And feel free to judge me ;) I can be a little bit of a weirdo, but I accept that about myself!

33 facts about me:
  • My dream is to have backyard chickens.
  • I drink some kind of herbal tea every single day. My current favorite is chamomile! 
  • I don't remember the first time I picked up a needle. I guess I've been stitching all my life!
  • Sometimes I wish my life was a musical.
  • I LOVE Harry Potter. I've read those books countless times. Once, my mom grounded me from re-reading Harry Potter. I think that ought to have won me a Geek of the Year Award or something.
Why yes, I have a lightning bolt on my forehead! And that is a Hermione doll.
  • Speaking of my mother, she made me take piano lessons for 8 years. EIGHT YEARS! It was awful! Once I even ran away from a piano lesson. When she finally let me quit, she told me I'd regret it. Guess what? I so don't regret quitting! And I never will!
  • I'm making all my kids take piano lessons for at least a year. It's character building.
  • I have zero problem leaving the house in my flip flops when there is snow on the ground...it drives my husband insane!
  • My 2 beautiful children blessed me with an abundance of stretch marks!
  • I just don't understand when people say, "I'm not a dessert person." 
  • I literally am incapable of watching a movie without doing a craft! Going to movie theaters drives me insane because it's too dark to craft.
  • I used to freak out when my son ate something off the floor. Now? I kind of encourage it. ("Mommy dropped that blueberry by the fridge. Go eat it so I don't have to sweep it up later!") Oops.
  • I firmly believe ice cream tastes best when eaten directly from the carton.
  • I don't love cooking...good thing the hubby does!
  • I am very, very afraid of grasshoppers.
  • I loathe broccoli. Ewe. Just ewe.
  • I believe everything is better with chocolate.
  • I'm a home body. I'd rather be at home than out on the town!
  • For YEARS the only type of cookie that I could successfully make were those oatmeal no-bake kind.
  • My husband and I were married in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple.
  • I take dessicated liver pills religiously. I'm super addicted to them despite the fact the bottle reeks.
  • I frequently dream that my dad is dead and I'm attending his funeral. Depressing, I know.
  • I LOVE yoga, but I'm so terrible at it!
  • Tangled is my favorite Disney movie.
  • I'd rather go shopping for yarn and fabric than clothes...
  • My foot size is a 5 in womens. Or a 3 in kids. 
  • If I had to choose between laundry or dishes...I'd choose knitting. Definitely.
  • I can't whistle. It's very sad.
  • I'm the oldest of 7 children.
  • Lace is my latest obsession. If it has lace on it, I want it!
  • I used to wish that I had red hair, just like Anne of Green Gables or Ariel. 
  • I kill spiders with my handy can of spray Lysol. (I don't use Lysol for anything else!) Then I don't go anywhere near the carcass until my hubby is home to get rid of it.
  • I was born on April Fool's Day. And save all your cheesy jokes about it. Trust me, I've heard them all!
And if you aren't completely sick of reading about me by now, you can check out my about page to learn even more about the girl behind this blog!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D