Okay, let me just preface this by saying that I KNOW my homemade felt gold plates are a little bit more yellowish than goldish. But I couldn't find any true gold colored felt at any local crafts stores! And yellow or gold, they serve their purpose because my toddler loves them!
(Not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? You can read a brief description of what the gold plates are here. And you can learn more about our faith here!)
- 7 sheets of gold (or yellowish!) felt
- 1.5 inch binder rings (3)
- Hole punch
- Spray paint (This is optional. The only gold binder rings I found clashed with my yellow felt. My OCD couldn't handle that, so I bought yellow spray paint and sprayed my silver binder rings so they matched!)
- Hot glue gun
I slid the peices between the binder rings and wrapped them over about half of the pages and then hot glued the ends together.
- Wherefore, at that day when the book shall be delivered unto the man of whom I have spoken, the book shall be hid from the eyes of the world, that the eyes of none shall behold it save it be that three witnesses shall behold it, by the power of God, besides him to whom the book shall be delivered; and they shall testify to the truth of the book and the things therein. 2 Nephi 27:12
- He said there was a book deposited, written upon gold plates, giving an account of the former inhabitants of this continent, and the source from whence they sprang. He also said that the fulnessof the everlasting Gospel was contained in it, as delivered by the Savior to the ancient inhabitants. Joseph Smith- History 1:35