Monday, December 29, 2014

The Michelle Infinity Scarf- A free and Easy Knit Pattern

I have 5 little sisters. FIVE. True story. They all adore and revere me, by the way. ;)

One of these sisters is really into wearing scarves. But her collection was lacking a knitted infinity scarf. And being the fabulous, generous, loving, practically perfect sister that I am, I made her one! I chose a fairly basic and easy to memorize pattern because I needed to get it made in time for Christmas. The stitch is a little bit more interesting than a classic garter stitch, but just as simple and gives the scarf a nice texture!


Materials:
  • Everyday Soft Worsted Solids in Cream (I am obsessed with this yarn right now!)
  • Size 8 needles

Notes:
  • You are welcome to make and sell products from this pattern but please link back to this post. Please do not copy this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not republish any of my photos as your own.

Pattern:

CO 22
Row 1: K2,  *yo, k2tog, k2* repeat from * to *
Repeat row one until piece measures 60 inches, or desired length. Then bind off, and seam up the two edges. 

When I finished it and put it on to see if it turned out alright...oh be still my beating heart! It was so pretty that I almost decided I would just keep it! The yarn I used was so soft and the coloring was just gorgeous! I wore it around a few times before I could bring myself to wrap it up for Christmas. I loved how it went with everything!


I really just wanted to keep it. But being the fabulous sister that I am, I gave it my little sister. You should have seen her face when she opened it! She loved it!

Oh, and to keep up with my free patterns, be sure to check out my Little Miss Stitcher Pinterest Board!

post signature

12 comments:

  1. Lovely scarf for a very lucky sister. Wow five sisters! I have four daughters and my oldest always gets shocked looks when she says she has 3 sisters, but 5 now that may be truly shocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah so you understand the hormone craziness of having so many girls under one roof! Lol! Most people are shocked to discover I have that many sisters! And one brother too;) my house was crazy growing up lol!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous scarf! I love it color. Thanks for sharing pattern.
    Have a great day!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful scarf! I love the texture! So pretty.

    Thanks for sharing at the Yarn Fanatic Party! I can't wait to "see" you there again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Mihelle Infinity Scarf and am almost done with one in white. It looks like the scarf goes around your neck twice in the picture....is that right? May need to make mine longer!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- my sister wanted one she could double wrap. A white one would be so pretty and versatile!!

      Delete
  5. Hello! I was wondering how much yarn to buy for this. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also would love to know how much yarn this takes. I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristan. I am sitting here making the infinity scarf and mine is only 1/2 as wide as yours...are you sure you only CO 22 stitches??.?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm quite certain 22 stitches is the number I cast on. Perhaps you knit tighter than me. A larger hook or bulkier yarn would make it wider for you. Keep in mind that the scarf is double wrapped around my neck in the photos, which may be giving you the illusion that's it's wider than it actually is!

      Delete
  8. thanks for sharing this versatile pattern:) so many choices to make with different colors of yarn! thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D