Monday, October 6, 2014

Little Bow Crochet Baby Headband

When I was hugely pregnant and just dying to have my baby girl here, I found myself bored. I wanted to be in labor, but I wasn't. I had cleaned and organized my house like 12 times already, so therefore there was no housework to pass the time. I had already whipped up all the major baby projects I wanted to make. I had given up on all those things to do that supposedly induce labor. And when my toddler went down for a nap I was just so dang BORED!

Enter scrap yarn and crochet hooks. Born of boredom and daydreams of holding my baby, I present my little bow headband! 



Materials:
  • Paton's Lace Yarn (I used Vintage Lace...and I'm so addicted to this brand of yarn right now!)
  • Size C crochet hook
  • Needle

Notes:
  • You are welcome to make and sell products using this pattern but please link back to this post. Please do not copy this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not republish any of my photos as your own.
  • You can easily adjust this to fit your baby's head by changing the length of the chain

Make a 17 inch chain. 


Ch 10. Turn and sc across, beginning in the 2nd ch from hook. (9 sc.) 
Row 2-5: Ch 1, turn, sc across. 

Then, stick  a needle and thread down the center of you rectangle. (Make sure your rectangle is hot dog style!)


Wind the thread around the center, pulling tight to create the little bow. After that, attach the bow to the chain.


Then, just use the excess yarn to tie small knots on each end of the chain and trim. You'll have dozens of these whipped up for your cute baby or for gifts in no time at all!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D