Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Infant Stocking Knit Hat

No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth.

I just had a baby and then moved like 3 different times during her first 3 months of life. Yeah, it's been a little hectic! But now we are nice and settled and not moving again for a while... and I've got a cute stocking hat pattern for you! Just like my newborn knit bonnet pattern, I made this for the talented photographer at Bitty Bokeh Photography.



Materials:
  • 2 coordinating color of I Love This Cotton yarn, available at Hobby Lobby
  • Size 7 16" circular and double pointed needles

Notes:
  • 0-3 months size
  • I changed colors every 5 rows after the brim. 
  • I used the German Twisted Cast On method. I have decided I like this method for baby hats because it has a nice stretch to it!
  • You are welcome to make and sell products from this pattern but please link back to this post. Please do not copy this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not republish any of my photos as your own.

Pattern:

CO 60
Rows 1-12: K1, P1 around
Rows 13-27: K around
Row 28: *K8, k2tog* repeat around
Row 29: K around
Row 30: *K7, k2tog* repeat around
Row 31: K around
Row 32: *K6, k2tog* repeat around
Row 33: K around
Row 34: *K5, k2tog* repeat around
Row 35: K around
Row 36: *K4, k2tog* repeat around
Row 37: K around
Row 38: *K3, k2tog* repeat around
Row 39: K around
Row 40: K2 *k2tog, k2* repeat from * to * around
Now just k for approximately 18 inches, continuing to change colors
Row 1 of tip: *K1, k2tog* around
Rows 2-3: K around
Row 4: K2tog around
Row 5: K around

Finishing:

Break off yarn, sew through remaining stitches. Sew in loose ends.

Tassel:

There are a lot of fun things you could put at the tip of this hat! Pom pom, bells, braid...I went with a simple little tassel. I just cut 3 six inch pieces of each color of yarn and threaded them through the tip of my hat. Then I wrapped a yarn scrap around all the pieces and tied it up!


Do you love making things for babies as much as I do?!


Good. Because over the next few weeks I'm going to share some more baby projects that I have made for my sweet baby girl! ;)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D