Tuesday, April 29, 2014

DIY Musical Baby Tag Toy

My son was never a huge fan of tag toys...but I'm hoping my baby girl will at least sort of like them because I made her one :) And instead of being crinkly or just soft, I decided to make it sing!



Materials:
  • A music button (I purchased mine at Joann's)
  • 2 fabric circles, approximately 3"
  • A few different ribbons/trims in different lengths
  • A small amount of batting



Fold your ribbon pieces in half and pin somewhat evenly around one of your circles. Make sure that you are pinning on the top of the right side of the fabric and that your trims are pointing towards the middle! Then, sew around. 


Place your other circle on to of the one you just sewed around, making sure that the right sides are together. Sew around, leaving an opening just wide enough for your music button. Flip it right side out, stuff with just a tiny bit of batting and slide your music button in. To close up the opening, I just stitched it shut with a blind stitch. You could try top stitching around with your machine if you would like!


And that's it! It kind of bothers me that my circle didn't turn out perfectly round...but the baby won't care! Cute, easy and my favorite part is that with a squeeze it will play a little song!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D