Monday, April 7, 2014

DIY Lace Trimmed Baby Socks

I love lace right now. LOVE IT. And I have been on the hunt for little white baby socks with lace trim for my coming baby. It seems like most places carry lace toddler socks...but none in the baby sizes. Finally, I found a pair of adorable baby lacy socks. For $10 a pair. I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a pair of socks that will probably just get lost in the dryer!! So, I decided to make my own. And it was SO easy!


All you need is a pair of socks and a spool of lace! I went with 1 inch white lace, but am thinking it would be so fun to find lace in different colors and widths to dress up some more little socks!


I measured around the brim of my socks and then cut a piece of lace about 1.5 inches larger. (You want the lace circle to be a bit bigger than the brim so that it stretches out with the sock as you're putting it on your baby's cute feet.) I sewed the two ends together to form a circle.


I then pinned in around the top of my sock! Because the lace circle should be bigger than the brim, you'll have to stretch the sock as you pin and sew to make it work. And I found it helpful to sew around the lace twice. Once closer to the top of the sock and once closer to the bottom of the lace. 


Repeat for the other sock! And then admire :)


Seriously, I can't wait to put these on my baby's little feet!

post signature