Monday, March 31, 2014

Quick and Easy Crochet Towel Topper Pattern

When I shared my Little Bit Frilly Towel Topper, I mentioned that all I wanted to do was get more towels to cut up and crochet toppers too. Well, I did just that and whipped up another towel topper pattern :)


Materials:
  • One kitchen towel cut in half
  • Size D crochet hook
  • Size I crochet hook
  • Coordinating sport weight yarn
  • Coordinating button
Notes:
  • Don't forget to check out my Textured Towel Topper and Little Bit Frilly Towel Topper patterns!
  • Work first row along the raw edge of towel. I do this just by stabbing my crochet hook into the fabric as I go, but I know some people choose to punch holes into the towel before working into it. 
  • You are welcome to make and sell products using this pattern but please link back to this post. Please do not copy this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not republish any of my photos as your own.

Pattern:
Row 1: Using size D hook, Ch 2,  SC 48 across raw edge of towel
Row 2-3: Switch to size I hook, Ch 2, turn, HDC across
Row 4-6: Ch 2, turn, skip first HDC, HDC in next. Repeat across. (24 HDC, 12 HDC, 6 HDC)
Row 6-19: Ch 2, turn, HDC across, finish off

Edging:

Holding the wrong side of the towel towards you, insert your hook into the side of the closest stitch in your towel. Ch 3, sl st in next space. Repeat all the way around your towel.



Then you just have to sew in all your loose ends and attach a cute little button. Easy peasy!

Be sure to check out my Little Miss Stitcher Pinterest Board for more free patterns! 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. What are the abbrevations mean ex-sc dsc so on im new at crochet

    ReplyDelete

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D