Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Eggs in a Basket Free Stitchery Pattern

So today, I'm going to share a post that I've been excited about for almost a year! It's my Eggs in a Basket stitchery pattern! I actually drew it up just after Easter last year and it has been sitting in my blog folder just waiting for spring to come again :) 


Along with this free pattern, I'm going to let you in on my favorite embroidery secret that was told to me by a sweet, incredibly knowledgeable elderly woman at a fabric shop. Are you ready for it??

Shape Flex. It can be found over by all the interfacing at Joann's. Seriously, I love this stuff. Why?

Well, you know how when your stitching along and then you hold your fabric up to the light or put it in a frame and you can see all the thread running in a mess on the back of your fabric? Or maybe you don't have that problem because the backside of your stitchery is as pretty as the front...In which case, you can stop reading. But for the rest of us, I have finally found the solution. 

Just buy some Shape Flex and iron a piece to the back of the fabric you intend to embroider! It's not very stiff and is easy to push your needle through. It also adds some stability to your fabric, which I love. I don't really recommend it for tea towels or something like that, but I have loved it for patterns I plan on framing or using for a pillow. I honestly don't know what I did without it.

Anyway, I'll bet your ready for your free Easter pattern, so here it is:

Eggs in a Basket Stitchery Pattern

*This pattern is for personal use only. Please don't sell any finished products or claim this pattern as your own. Please don't claim my pictures as your own. Thanks!*


I used crayons after I had completed the pattern to lightly color in the picture. I love the way coloring in embroidery can make it pop!

Oh, and feel free to change up any colors or stitches I recommend. It's always fun to play around with a pattern to achieve your own style :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D