Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Little Bit Frilly Crochet Towel Topper

I am a little bit obsessed with kitchen towels. Particularly towels that are holiday themed! After I bought an adorable Easter hand towel, I chopped it in half and whipped up this crochet towel topper pattern to compliment it!

Materials:
  • One kitchen towel cut in half
  • Size D crochet hook
  • Size I crochet hook
  • Coordinating button
  • Coordinating worsted weight yarn
Notes:
  • Be sure to check out my Textured Towel Topper and Quick and Easy Towel Topper patterns as well!
  • Work first row along the raw edge of towel. I do this just by stabbing my crochet hook into the fabric as I go, but I know some people choose to punch holes into the towel before working into it. 
  • You are welcome to make and sell products using this pattern but please link back to this post. Please do not copy this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not republish any of my photos as your own.

Pattern:

Row 1: Using size D hook, Ch 2,  SC 48 across raw edge of towel
Row 2: Switch to size I hook, Ch 2, turn, HDC across
Row 3-5: Ch 2, turn, skip first HDC, HDC in next. Repeat across. (24 HDC, 12 HDC, 6 HDC)
Row 6-19: Ch 2, turn, HDC across, turn
Row 20: Ch 2, slip stitch into next stitch. Repeat across, turn
Row 21: Ch 2, slip stitch into next Ch 3 loop. Repeat across, finish off. Weave in loose ends. 

And would you like to know what I want to do now? I want to go find lots more cute kitchen towels to crochet toppers to! One can never have enough kitchen towels, right??


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D