Monday, December 9, 2013

Newborn Crochet Bitty Booties Pattern



Well, I'm pregnant! And do you want to know my favorite part about being pregnant? Making things for the baby! But I haven't found out which gender we're having yet :( But that hasn't entirely stopped me from making baby things. I love these little booties because they are adorable for either gender and are quick to work up too!

Materials:
  • Size G crochet hook
  • Worsted weight yarn in 2 coordinating colors
Notes:
  • Size newborn up to 3 months.
  • When you SC decrease, I recommend using the invisible sc decrease. The tutorial I've linked to shows to do it in the front loops, but for this pattern do it in the back loops.
  • You are welcome to make and sell products from this pattern but please link back to this post. Please do not copy this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not republish any of my photos as your own.
  • MC= main color, CC= coordinating color
Pattern:

Round 1: With CC, Ch 9, SC in 2nd ch from hook and in next 5, make 4 SC in last ch. Now, working on the opposite side of ch, SC in next 6, 2 SC in last, join, ch 1
Round 2: 2 SC in first two stitches, SC in next 5, 2 HDC in next 5, SC in next 5, 2 SC in last two, join, ch 1 
Round 3: SC in next 11, 2 SC in next 6, SC in next 11, join with MC and finish off CC, ch 1
Round 4: In back loops only, SC around, join, ch 2 (34 stitches)
Round 5: In back loops only, HDC around, join, ch 2 
Round 6: In back loops only, SC in next 11, SC decrease 6 times, SC in next 11, join with CC and finish off MC, ch 1
Round 7: In back loops only, SC in next 8, SC decrease 5 times, SC in next 8, join, finish off. Weave in all loose ends.



I can't wait for my little boy or girl to have these booties on it's tiny little feet :)

*Update: I decided to use these booties for my gender reveal pictures!*

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to find this pattern for such small booties...now the question of the day...once your precious girl came along, did the booties stay on? I have yet to find a pattern that I think stays one well and hope this is the miracle one. :>)

    ReplyDelete

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D