Wednesday, December 18, 2013

DIY Musical Instrument: Sunbeam Shakers


I'm putting together a little music box for my son. While I plan on making some more generic musical instruments, I thought it would be fun to have some song specific instruments as well! These little Sunbeam Shakers go along with the classic Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam primary song. It only took me ten minutes to put these little shakers together, and that includes my potty break! 

Materials:
  • 2 shades of yellow felt
  • The template
  • Little jingle bells (mine were size 6mm)


I centered one of the yellow circles over one of the sun shaped pieces and sewed around, leaving a small opening for inserting the bells.


I put 12 bells in each sun, but more or less would work too. Then I sewed the gap shut. Seriously, that's it! 

These sunbeam shakers are already a big hit with my 21 month old. I wish I'd thought of these when I was a nursery leader!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hi from Hungary, i loved your idea and am thinking to make it for my infants circle time, just one question do these small bells jungle when in felt?

    ReplyDelete

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D