Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lds Quiet Book: Nativity Scene

Of course, I really had no choice but to have Nativity pages in this quiet book. It would have felt so empty to leave it out. I found my inspiration here! The pattern is available on Etsy, and it has very easy to follow instructions. Definitely worth purchasing!


When I found sparkly dark blue felt at Hobby Lobby, I had the brilliant idea to use it as the sky color for these pages. I love the way the sparkles look like little stars in the distance!
The shepherds and the sheep on the hills are by far my favorite part of this page! 







When I finished all the darling little finger puppets, it occurred to me that I hadn't really considered how I was going to prevent them from getting lost. I decided to make a pocket in between one of the Nativity pages and another page for the book. To do this, I just used a zipper! By the way, this was my first time installing a zipper. It was nerve-racking, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be!



3 comments:

  1. Love how your nativity turned out!! I found you via Pinterest, I'm glad to see my patterns are being used!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your pattern was awesome to use. And sorry it took me so long to respond to this comment- I don't know how I missed it lol!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the shout out!! Love how this turned out!!

      Delete

I seriously love comments and I read every single one! Please keep in mind that I have the right to delete anything negative or rude. Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D