I had a little too much fun making this quiet book! And there are so many more non-dinosaur themed pages I'm dying to make. Confession: I'm so obsessed with quiet books that I've even been dreaming about them...Pathetic, right?
I haven't bound and completely finished this quiet book yet. My son is a too young for quiet books right now, so I'll worry about turning these pages into an actual book when he's ready for it!
Some Quiet Booking tips I learned from experience:
- Be prepared to make more pages than you originally intended.
- Temporary Adhesive Spray or Quilt Basting Spray. It's your best friend.
- Quiet books are easy, but extremely time consuming. Before beginning to make one, prepare or buy a whole bunch of frozen dinners. In my opinion, it's far more important to finish that felt baby dinosaur than slave over a stove!
- It will be tempting, but don't stay up all night making these. You will be very tired the next day, and that will inhibit your ability to continue quiet booking. Trust me, I know.
- Putting fusible interfacing between your pages will add stability. You could also put some kind of stiff fabric or something between them as well. It just helps keep the pages less floppy, which is nice. I highly recommend it :)
- It's okay if you screw up. In the end, I thought all my "mistakes" made my quiet book cuter anyway.
Well, naptime isn't over yet so I'm off to make more quiet book pages!